Basic Experimenter Kits Alternative
For those who need a Basic Experimenters Kit immediately, we recommend purchasing the following 3 items as a near-equivalent alternative. For more details, see below.
Basic Experimenter Kits Status
- The Basic Experimenter Kit is currently on back-order, because the Arduino Uno is on back order. We are expecting Arduino Unos to be available soon, but we do not have an ETA on these. This page will be updated when we have an ETA.
- The Sidekick kit, which is part of the basic experimenter
kit, is in stock and ready to ship.
- The RobotGeek Geekduino is in stock and ready to ship. The Geekduino is Arduino Compatible
and differs slightly from the Arduino Uno Setup. A setup guide for the Geekduino can be found here. The Geekduino differs from the Uno in the following ways:
- Based of the Arduino Duemilanove
- Compatible with the Arduino IDE and sketches that run on the Arduino Uno (Need to chose 'Arduino Duemilanove w/ ATmega328' from the Arduino IDE when programming)
- Has the same kind of processor as the Uno (ATMega328)
- Surface Mount processor instead of Through-hole
- Pin and shape compatible
- Uses USB Micro
- Uses FTDI drivers
- Has 2 additional Analog input pins