The arbotiX Robocontroller Starter Kit provides everything you need to get started with this powerful new robotics controller. Do you want to free your robot of wires? Send sensory data back to your PC? Control your robot from up to 300 feet away without having to worry about interference issues inherit in most 2.4ghz technology? XBee technology is the answer. From simply 'cutting' your serial cable, to creating a wireless mesh network perfect for swarm robotics, you can take your robotics projects to the next level with XBee!
[1x] ArbotiX RoboController
- 16MHz AVR microcontroller (ATMEGA644p).
- 2 serial ports, 1 dedicated to Bioloid servo controller, the other to the XBEE radio/FTDI programming
- 3 TTL DYNAMIXEL 3-pin style ports onboard, plug your TTL AX/MX DYNAMIXEL servos directly in!
- 28 Digital I/O, 8 of which can also function as analog inputs
- Servo style 3-pin headers (gnd, vcc, signal) on all 28 I/O pins
- Click here for more details and documetnation on the ArbotiX Robocontroller.
[2x] XBee 1mW Communication Module
This is the very popular 2.4GHz XBee module from Digi (formally Maxstream). These modules take the 802.15.4 stack (the basis for Zigbee) and wrap it into a simple to use serial command set. These modules allow a very reliable and simple communication between microcontrollers, computers, systems, really anything with a serial port! Point to point and multi-point networks are supported.
This is a simple to use, USB to serial base unit for the XBee line. This unit works with all XBee modules including the Series 1 and Series 2.5. Plug the unit into the UartSBee, attach a mini USB cable, and you will have direct access to the serial and programming pins on the XBee unit.
The UartSBee also doubles as a FTDI programmer! Just plug the included FTDI cable from your ArbotiX to the UartSBee and you can program the Arbotix, as well as read from the Arbotix's serial port.
[1x] USB AVR Programmer
This compact programmer can program the ArbotiX robocontroller through a USB connection. See here.