This product is discontinued, please refer to the new version here.
The PhidgetSBC is a fully functional Single Board Computer with an integrated PhidgetInterfaceKit 8/8/8. At its most basic, it can be thought of as a Phidget that you connect using a network cable instead of directly to the USB. The PhidgetSBC also provides four USB full-speed ports that allow you to use normal USB Phidgets over its network connection. This can extend the effective range of a Phidget from USB’s maximum of 15 feet, to anywhere that your network reaches.
The PhidgetSBC exposes an easy to use interface for setting up and running custom applications on-board, written in either Java or C. This allows the PhidgetSBC to operate autonomously, without the need for a graphical interface or a remote connection at all times.
For more advanced users, the PhidgetSBC is an embedded computer that runs Linux. We provide full shell access via a built-in SSH server, full GCC and development tools, the GDB debugger, and all of the standard command line tools expected on a modern Linux system. This allows for on-board development in C, and full access to the system for customizing.
An integrated PhidgetInterfaceKit 8/8/8 allows you to connect devices to any of 8 analog inputs, 8 digital inputs and 8 digital outputs. It provides a generic, convenient way to interface your PC and PhidgetSBC with a wide variety of devices and it operates exactly the same way as an external PhidgetInterfaceKit.
Comes packaged with:
- Fully functional single board computer running Linux with Java and C libraries. You can compile your own programs or customize the OS, and run it on the onboard memory.
- Easy to use configuration interface.
- 4 USB full-speed ports with built in support for web cameras and Phidget USB devices.
- Integrated PhidgetInterfaceKit 8/8/8.
- Ethernet port and included USB Wireless networking adapter. Remotely use attached Phidgets from another computer anywhere over the network.
Code Samples For This Product
- Power Supply
- Cat-5e network cable
- A hardware mounting kit
- An 802.11b/g USB Wireless adapter
- A USB extender cable
This product is part of the Phidgets family!
Phidgets are an easy to use set of USB-based building blocks for low cost
sensing and control from your PC. A wide array of sensors, I/O devices,
and controllers are available.
the entire Phidgets product line, follow this link.
Getting Started with Phidgets