Home > Robot Parts > Robot Sensors > Encoders >
Phidgets High Speed Encoder
- Connects to any typical two-bit optical encoder.
- Returns up to 500,000 counts per second.
- Can be used as an accurate human input device.
- Connects directly to a computer’s USB port.
The PhidgetEncoder HighSpeed connects to any typical two-bit optical encoder and can return
up to 500,000 counts per second. Specifically it reads a standard incremental non-differential TTL encoder.
The 1057 can be used to measure shaft speed or as a very accurate human input device. If you just
need a simple human input device have a look at the
With it you can:
- Detect changes in incremental position
- Easily track changes with respect to time
Comes packaged with:
- A 180cm Mini-USB cable
- A 50cm 5-Wire Encoder Cable
- A mounting hardware kit (4 nuts and bolts, 4 plastic spacers)
| Maximum Count Rate
|| 500000 counts/second
| Internal Output Pull-Up Resistance
|| 2.2kΩ |
|Min/Max USB Supply Voltage
||4.75 – 5.25VDC
| Device Quiescent Current Consumption
|| 20mA (no encoder attached)
| Encoder Input Low Voltage
|Encoder Input High Voltage
| Operating Temperature
| Device Active Current Consumption
|| 100mA max
This product is part of the Phidgets family!
Phidgets are an easy to use set of USB-based building blocks for low cost
sensing and control from your PC. A wide array of sensors, I/O devices,
and controllers are available.
the entire Phidgets product line, follow this link.
Getting Started with Phidgets