The Phidget RFID reads tags that are brought in close proximity,
within 4 inches. The reader reads EM4102 type tags and operates at 125 kHz.
The RFID has some new additional features!
* A +5V output so that you can power an external relay if you wish for use
in security or doorway systems etc.
* A +5V LED output for driving an external LED.
* An onboard LED on the board (Green).
* Added ability to turn off RFID as desired.
Board Dimensions: 6.8 x 8.1 cm
Mounting Holes: 6.1 x 7.3 cm
*Notes About the Reader before Purchasing:
- The RFID Reader and Tags we sell are READ ONLY.
- The read range on the reader is 4 inches or less depending upon the tag
you are using.
- The reader cannot read multiple tags in the field at the same time.
- Readers placed too close to each other will cause them to fail in operation.
Allow at least a meter of distance between readers. For closer placement
you must make use of the reader on/off feature to access one reader at a
- The reader antenna cannot be detached from the RFID reader or altered
in any way.
This product is part of the Phidgets family!
Phidgets are an easy to use set of USB-based building blocks for low cost
sensing and control from your PC. A wide array of sensors, I/O devices,
and controllers are available.
the entire Phidgets product line, follow this link.
Getting Started with Phidgets