The Phidgets RFID Reader is a great tool to add RFID functionality to your computer application. Using Phidget's extensive collection of libraries and APIs you can easily control the RFID reader via a variety of programming languages.
The Phidget RFID reads tags that are brought in close proximity (within 4 inches, depending on the tag). The reader reads EM4102 type tags and operates at 125 kHz.
In addition to reading cards, this unit also has two 5v outputs labeled "+5V" and "LED". These work the same as any other Phidgets Inc. digital output, except that the "+5V" output has a higher current rating. You can control an indicator light or buzzer. You can even add a relay to control motors, electromechanical door latches, or other security systems.
This reader comes with a mini-USB cable and a hardware mounting kit (4 nuts/bolts and 4 plastic spacers)
*Notes About the Reader before Purchasing:
- The RFID Reader and Tags we sell are READ ONLY.
- The Phidgets 1024 reader is capable of writing to tags with the T5577 protocol. Trossen Robotics does not sell or support these tags/protocol or RFID writing of any kind.
- The read range on the reader is 4 inches or less depending upon the tag
you are using. Smaller tags will get less range.
- The reader cannot read multiple tags in the field at the same time.
- Readers placed too close to each other will cause them to fail in operation.
Allow at least a meter of distance between readers. For closer placement
you must make use of the reader on/off feature to access one reader at a
- The reader antenna cannot be detached from the RFID reader or altered
in any way.
This product is part of the Phidgets family!
Phidgets are an easy to use set of USB-based building blocks for low cost
sensing and control from your PC. A wide array of sensors, I/O devices,
and controllers are available.
the entire Phidgets product line, follow this link.
Getting Started with Phidgets
- Antenna Resonant Frequency Min: 125Hz
- Antenna Resonant Frequency Max: 150Hz
- Protocols: EM4100, ISO11785 FDX-B, PhidgetTag
- Current Consumption Min 27 mA
Current Consumption Max 150 mA
- Operating Temperature Min 0 °C
- Operating Temperature Max 70 °C
- Number of Digital Outputs 2
- Digital Output Voltage Min 0 V DC
- Digital Output Voltage Max 5 V DC
- Available External Voltage (+5V):5 V DC
- Available External Voltage (LED):5 V DC
- Available External Current (+5V):400 mA
- Available External Current (LED):16 mA
- Output Impedance (LED) 250 O
- Recommended Wire Size 16 to 26 AWG