RoMeo V2 is an All-in-One Arduino compatible microcontroller especially designed for robotics applications, and extended devices. Romeo benefits from the Arduino open source platform, it is supported by thousands of open source projects, and can easily be expanded with Arduino Shields. The integrated 2 way DC motor driver and Xbee socket allows you to start your project immediately without the need for an additional motor driver or wireless shield! Romeo V2 also supports stepper motor control.
The RoMeo V2 behaves like Arduino Leonardo based on the ATmega32u4 chip. You can program it directly from the Arduino IDE 1.0.1 or later. Because of the ATmega32U4 as it's sole microcontroller, RoMeo V2 is simple and easy to use. The 32U4 chipset handles the USB directly, code libraries are available which allow the board to emulate a computer keyboard, mouse, and more using the very interesting USB-HID protocol! The best advantage is that ATmega32u4 has two serial ports which allows uploading sketches without removing wireless modules. Debugging is no longer a painful task!
- Wide operating input voltage
- Directly support Xbee and XBee form factor wifi, bluetooth and RF modules
- ON/ OFF switch to control the system power from external motor power
- 3 Digital I/O extensions (D14-D16)
- S1 - S5 switch replace jump cap, allows free use for the GPIO.
- Micro USB instead of A-B USB connector
- Analog sensor extension port: Orange for Signal, Red for Vcc, Black for GND