The Solarbotics Sumovore Kit is a strong, modular design with over 500
man-hours of development and 21 prototypes behind it. It has more power, speed,
and is less expensive than the Junun Mark III, Parallax Mini-Sumo, and Tab
- Powerful GM8 gear motors powered by a robust L293D motor driver
- Four opto-reflector edge sensors (fifth edge sensor position available
when using microprocessor brainboard)
- Two 38kHz IR emitters and detectors for opponent detection
- 6AA power supply
- Steel frame for easy assembly
- Modular brain boards (discrete brainboard included, BS2 / Atmel / Stamp
Stack brainboards extra)
- Discrete brainboard "Anti Sumo-dance" behavior (stops two sumos from
spinning around each other)
- Discrete brainboard "Anti edge-ram" behavior (stops dual edge triggers
resulting in repeated edge-charging)
- Discrete brainboard offers selectable sumo/line-follower modes
- Multiple trimpots for simple behavior tuning
- Modular front edge sensor / IR transmitter daughterboard
- 345 grams "batteries-in" finished weight (6 x AA batteries not
- Powder-coated front Steel (not Aluminum) plates available in several
- Multiple wheel colours available
- 32-page detailed instruction document also contains full electronic
schematics, both logical and symbolic for custom modifications
Extra options include:
- Rear-looking IR detector and emitter - great for active or passive
- Atmel Mega8L brainboard with additional breadboard space.
- PIC 16F877 brainboard with additional breadboard space.
- BS2 brainboard to accommodate 24-pin BS2-compatible family of
microprocessors (BS2 not included).
- HVWTech Stamp-Stack Basic Stamp 2 clone board (mates with BS2 brainboard).
Need More Brain Power?
Soldering Required: Yes
Tools Required: Yes
Kit Difficulty: 4.00/5
Kit Completion Time: 5.00hrs
Sumovore Brainboard Instructions PDF
Sumovore BS2 code