SSC-32 Servo Controller
This item has been discontinued and can no longer be ordered - read about product status here
The SSC-32 (serial servo controller) is a small preassembled servo controller
with some big features. It has high resolution (1uS) for accurate positioning, and
extremely smooth moves. The range is 0.50mS to 2.50mS for a range of about 180°.
The motion control can be immediate response, speed controlled, timed motion, or
a combination. A unique "Group Move" allows any combination of servos to begin and
end motion at the same time, even if the servos have to move different distances.
This is a very powerful feature for creating complex walking gaits for multi servo
walking robots. The servo's position or movement can be Queried to provide feedback
to the host computer. There is even a 12 servo Hexapod sequencer built in. This
allows complete control of all aspects of the alternating tripod gait simply by
transferring a few values from the host controller. Any output can be used as a
TTL level output. There are 4 digital inputs that are static or latched, so you
don't have to worry about missing a short event. They can also be used as analog
inputs. There are three terminal blocks for powering options. The DB9 input has
true RS-232 levels for use with a PC. There is a socket for a 24LC32P EEPROM, which
will be used in future versions of the firmware.
This servo controller is
Specifications (firmware version 2.01XE):
- Microcontroller = Atmel ATMEGA168-20PU
- EEPROM = 24LC32P (Required for 2.01GP)
- Speed = 14.75 MHz
- Internal Sequencer = 12 Servo Hexapod (Alternating Tripod)
- Serial input = True RS-232 or TTL, 2400, 9600, 38.4k, 115.2k, N81
- Outputs = 32 (Servo or TTL)
- Inputs = 4 (Static or Latching, Analog or Digital)
- Current requirements = 31mA
- PC interface = DB9F
- Microcontroller interface = Header posts
- Servo control = Up to 32 servos plug in directly
- Servo type supported = Futaba or Hitec
- Servo travel range = 180°
- Servo resolution = 1uS, .09°
- Servo speed resolution = 1uS / Second
- Servo motion control = Immediate, Timed, Speed or Synchronized.
- PC board size = 3.0" x 2.3"
- VS current capacity = 15 amps per side, 30 amps max
- LynxTerm downloads available
=> General Purpose Sequencer.
|v. 2.01GP BETA
||Complete info coming soon. Preliminary info
here. General Purpose Sequencer beta. Includes
=> Hexapod Sequencer.
||Same as version 2.00XE.
Register support added.