cooperation with Grand Idea Studio, the Parallax Radio Frequency Identification
(RFID) Reader Module is the first low-cost solution to read passive RFID
transponder tags. The RFID Reader Module can be used in a wide variety of
hobbyist and commercial applications, including access control, automatic
identification, robotics, navigation, inventory tracking, payment systems, and
This reader is compatible with
tags (125 kHz). The read range varies between 0.5" and 6" depending on
the size of the tag's antenna.
This device can be connected to a PC serial port using a MAX232 line driver. The
circuit isn't supported by Parallax, but it's possible to make this connection
with a few dollars of parts.
- Fully-integrated, low-cost method of reading passive RFID transponder
- 2400 baud TTL serial interface (output only) to PC, BASIC Stamp module
and other processors
- Requires single +5VDC supply
- Bi-color LED for visual indication of activity
- 0.1" pin spacing for easy prototyping and integration
||System power, +5V DC input.
||Module enable pin. Active LOW digital input. Bring this pin LOW to
enable the RFID reader and activate the antenna.
||Serial Out. TTL-level interface, 2400bps, 8 data bits, no parity, 1
||System ground. Connect to power supply’s ground (GND) terminal.
|Note: Type: I = Input, O = Output, P = Power, G = Ground