|Click thumbnails to see high-res versions.
Powerful 12 VDC motors provide plenty of torque
Precision machined 6061 aluminum hardware
Conveniently positioned screw holes make mounting this kit a breeze.
Rugged pneumatic tires are well-suited for a variety of terrains
5V supply required for Position Controllers
36 encoder positions per revolution; approx 0.5 inch resolution with 6" diameter wheel
Compatible with any microcontroller
Single I/O line can control up to 4 Position Controllers
Strong but light - only 3.2 lbs (1.45 kg) per wheel assembly (kit contains two)
Finally your robot can have
the mobility and style it deserves! With the Motor Mount and Wheel Kit,
powerful 12 VDC motors are combined with precisely machined aluminum hardware to
provide the power, strength, and beauty demanded by your mid-sized robot. All
custom parts are CNC machined at Parallax headquarters in Rocklin, CA.
The mounting block makes securing this kit a breeze; and the included 6 inch
(15.3 cm) pneumatic rubber tires are durable enough to handle a variety of
smooth or rugged terrains without hesitation. The included Position Controllers
use a quadrature encoder system to reliably track the position and speed of each
wheel and report the data on demand.
This kit works great with the Parallax Caster Wheel Kit and a pair of HB-25 Motor Controllers. The HB-25 Motor Controller can be controlled directly from the Position Controller making control that much simpler.
It’s time for your robot to strut its stuff with plenty of power and enough
style to make other robots jealous!
- Right and Left hand 12 VDC motors
- Knobby rubber tires and tubes (qty. 2 each)
- Machined aluminum wheels, axles and bearing blocks (qty. 2 each)
- Position Controller Assemblies (qty. 2) - each includes a PCB, encoder disk, 3-pin connection cable and mounting screws
- All required hardware for kit assembly (screw drivers and other tools not included)
- ~150 RPM @ 12.0 VDC, 1.50 A, no load
- ~190 RPM @ 14.5 VDC, 1.60 A, no load
- +4.5 VDC to +5.5 VDC supply range for Position Controller
- 50 mA average supply current at 5.0 VDC for Position Controllers
- 36 encoders positions per revolution. Approx 0.5 inch (12.7mm) linear distance per position
- 19.2 kbps serial communication
- Wheel assembly weight 3.2 lbs (1.45 kg) each; kit contains two
- Operating temp range: -40°F to +185°F (-40°C to +85°C)
Note: Assembly required.
Downloads & Resources:
Motor Mount Kit Documentation v1.3 (.pdf)
Position Controller Test Code v1.2.1 (.zip)
Dimensional Drawings v1.1 (.zip)
27971 - 3D Solidworks Model (.zip)
27971 - 3D eDrawing Model (.zip)
27971 - 3D IGES Model (.zip)
3D Rendering of the SolidWorks Model (.jpg)
Test Platform Video (Off Site)
RoboStool - Motor Mount Kit (off Site) Users must download free viewer to view above 3D files
3D eDrawing Viewer Download (viewer)
Customer example using product (Off Site)