The caster wheel kit is the utmost in quality and performance. It features precision machined 6061 aluminum parts combined with high quality ball bearings and durable 3-inch Du-Bro pneumatic rubber tires. The dual independent tire design reduces vibration and drag, while also increasing its load-carrying capacity. You will be amazed at how smoothly and silently these caster wheels roll.
Cheaper alternatives often use stamped sheet metal bearing tracks which tend to be sloppy and can easily clog up with dirt and grit. This caster wheel kit uses precision shielded ball bearings, making the kit completely maintenance-free for long life and consistently high performance. The durable sealed pneumatic tires are low-bounce and provide a smooth ride, even on rough surfaces.
The Caster Wheel Kit is designed to work well with our Motor Mount and Wheel Kit with Position Controller. The top surface of the caster wheels mounting plate and the top surface of the motor bearing blocks in the Motor Mount and Wheel Kit are both at the same height, which simplifies the chassis design.
This kit is one of the highest quality caster wheels available; and since each aluminum part is machined in-house at Parallax headquarters in California, you can have confidence in the high level of performance and precision built into each kit.
- Dual 3-inch (76 mm) sealed pneumatic rubber tires made by Du-Bro.
- Precision machined 6061 aluminum parts made in-house at Parallax headquarters in California, USA
- High quality ball bearings for "friction free" swivel action
- Quick and easy assembly
- Well suited for use with the Motor Mount and Wheel Kit with Position Controller (#27971)
- Dramatically improves the performance and aesthetic appeal of mid-size robots
- 1x Caster Wheel Arm Assembly (with 2 pneumatic rubber tires, 2 retaining rings, 2 nylon spacers, 1 axle, and 1 machined aluminum swivel arm)
- 1x Machined aluminum swivel block
- 2x #6-32 x 1/4 inch socket cap screws
- 2x Precision shielded ball bearings
- 1x 1/4 inch shaft collar
- 1x 1/4 inch swivel rod
- 1x Machined aluminum mounting plate with slotted #6-32 set screw
- Weight: 6.8 oz (193 grams)
- Height: 3.9 inches (99 mm)
- See eDrawing file for complete 3D model and additional dimension information.
This kit does not come assembled.