The PhantomX AX Metal Hexapod MK-III from Interbotix Labs is the 3rd major revision of our popular Hexapod robot kit. In addition to numerous design improvements over our MKII model, we are excited to release the robot as an entirely open source platform, complete with 3D cad models of the robot, open software, and schematics for the electronics.
This kit has evolved over the last 5 years to become one of the most advanced robotic development platforms on the market, bringing unparalleled performance and quality the hands of robotics enthusiasts, educators, and researchers.
The ArbotiX Commander handheld remote has been discontinued and is no longer present in the Hexapod kit
These hexapod kits are the collaborative effort from some of the top talent in the robotics community: Next-Gen AX series DYNAMIXEL robot servos, the ArbotiX-M Robocontroller, and a fantastic open-source development system make this an extremely durable and versatile robot that will grow with you as you learn more and more about robotics.
PhantomX Hexapod MKIII
by Interbotix Labs
What’s new with the MKIII?
Previously the kits used plastic servo frames and plexiglas leg and body components. The MKIII now features 5052 aluminum servo frames, leg components and body set and comes with an expansion deck, making it even easier to add your own sensors, actuators, computers and more!
The LiPo battery has been upgraded to a 4500mAh battery along with an easier bottom-loading battery tray design.
- Standard DYNAMIXEL AX-12A or Ultra Fast DYNAMIXEL AX-18A Series Robot Servos
- 3 Degree-Of-Freedom Legs
- Arduino-Compatible ArbotiX Robocontroller
- Open Source Software
- Advanced Inverse Kinematics Driven Gait Engine
- 6 Different Walking Gaits Available
- Extended Run Time with High Quality 4500mAh LiPo Battery
- Included Top Deck makes it easy to add Arms, Grippers, Cameras, Pan/Tilts, even Computers!
- Rugged Full Metal Frame Construction
- Wireless Xbee Control via PC or Handheld
- Tons of I/O available and fully programmable for autonomy
- Great platform for hobby, education, and research!
This Comprehensive Hexapod Kit comes with everything you need for a fully-featured robotic platform. All 18 DYNAMIXELs, frame components, anodized black socket-head hardware, an Arduino-compatible ArbotiX Robocontroller, FTDI interface for programming, a 3S 4500mAh LiPo Battery and Multi-Function LiPo Balance Charger as well as highly detailed step-by-step assembly manuals to ensure your kit goes together smoothly.
Looking for the Hexapod Frame Upgrade Kit?